Category 6a (CAT6 Augmented) is defined at frequencies of up to 500Mhz, twice that of CAT6.
At these high speeds cross talk, in particular alien cross talk, present a significant issue to reliable operation.
Shielding is particularly critical in environments with increased levels of noise such as hospitals, telco operations infrastructure, radio and television
broadcast applications, X-ray theatres and in the vicinity of mains power transmission lines, switch yards and substations.
Hypertec’s range of shielded CAT6a now includes:
• Keystone jacks
• Keystone couplers
• Unloaded keystone patch panels
• Solid conductor cable
• Patch leads
The Hypertec shielded CAT6a Jack is a toolless jack featuring a keystone foot print, making it compatible with keystone patch panels.
Bezels are also available, making these jacks compatible with Clipsal HPM style face plates.
The Hypertec shielded unloaded patch panel features an all metal body and comes with a ground wire kit, to quickly and easily ground the patch panel.
The all metal body ensures contact with the jack’s metal body and results in shield continuity.
Hypertec Shielded CAT6a Patch Lead cables feature double shielding where individual twisted pairs are foil shielded, before a final braided wire shield is wrapped
around the complete cable bundle. All these shields are connected to the metal frame, which is an integral component of the Hypertec RJ connector.
Features and Benefits
• Individually tested to ensure Cat6a component level compliance
• Fully shielded to minimise noise and ansure Cat6a performance is met
• Backward compatible with Cat5, Cat5E and Cat6
• Toolless termination of jacks reduce installation time
• Ground wire kit is included with patch panel for quick and easy earthing
• Patch leads are overall and individually shielded S/FTP for maximum Cat6a performance
• A-Tick certified
• ETL conformant to TIA/EIA 568-C
• ISO/IEC 11801 EN 50288
• ROHS Compli
Vendor SKU: HCAT6ABL3